Grant Calls (Current)
We are very pleased to announce the call for our three-month study and/or research bursaries in the field of Jewish studies during the academic year 2021/2022. The grants are addressed to pre-doctoral students who have completed their degree after October 1, 2018, or those enrolled in a doctoral programme, and wish to continue research and specialization. The bursary includes a monthly stipend of 962 € and the option of an additional travel allowance of 270 €.
The applicants will have the chance to choose between the Institute of Languages and Cultures of the Mediterranean and the Near East (ILC) of the Center for Human and Social Sciences (CCHS) of the CSIC, as well as the Hebrew and Aramaic Studies Section of the Faculty of Philology of the UCM to carry out their research. The grants will take place between November 1, 2021, and June 30, 2022.
Profile and Requirements
- Pre-doctoral students who have completed their degree after October 1, 2018.
- Doctoral students.
- Spanish university students from Spain who haven’t been previously enrolled in any academic institution of the Community of Madrid.
- Students from Portugal and other European countries, especially those of the Mediterranean area.
- Residence in Madrid during the period awarded.
- The awarded will be responsible of their own travel and accommodation arrangements and health insurance.
Submission of applications
The deadline for submissions is April 2, 2021, 11 pm (CET). The application process will be through the following form:
The required documents are:
- Form (to be filled out)
- CV, English or Spanish (max. 5 p.)
- Plan of the proposed activity (max. 4 p.)
- Recommendation letter by a scholar from the student’s university of origin
The selection process will depend on the excellence of CV and the interest of the proposal. The CSIC‐UCM selection committee will decide about the submitted applications and inform all candidates about the final decision.
For further inquiries, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org